Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Default Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I'm going to see them tonight.

Very excited !!!!!

I fell for them the first time I heard them. The mix of Christmas songs with orchestration, superb voices and heavy guitars.... WOW !!!

Has anyone ever seen them live ?

I'll give you guys an update on how the show was.

Did I say I was excited ???? Oh yeah..I did..

Default Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I've seen them live 3 times. They are incredible musicians who put on one of the best shows you will ever see. Get ready for an awesome concert!
    Matt

Gear: Um... yeah... changing that up a bit.

Moderator - Tree Catcher Insideout's Avatar

I'm officially jealous. I've wanted to see them for years and just can't seem to make it happen. My wife isn't into concerts and I haven't developed the "concert buddy" network where I live now.

Have a great time. My bro saw the show a couple years ago and said it was amazing.
    Guitars: Carvin DC400, Ibanez S540, 2008 American Deluxe Strat, Agile AL3000, Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II, Applause acoustic, LTD B-50 bass, Framus 12-string acoustic
    Rig :AxeFx II, Carvin DCM1000/LM153's, Liquid Foot Pro, Furman conditioner
    Recording:Tascam US800, Sonar X1 Producer, Cakewalk A-500 Pro midi keyboard

Rob's Soundclick Music
    Rob's Myspace

This space made from 100% post consumer recycled electrons

Suffield Ohio - Home of the Blimp (exciting I know)

I've been lucky enough to see them for the past 3 years... And they are just awesome. An amazing show. Have fun..

This months Premier Guitar Magazine covered the guitarist in TSO. Check it out before you go and it will give you a better insight on the methods to the meyhem.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...Interview.aspx
    Amps: Boogie MkIIC+
    MFX: Tonelab LE

Guitars: Custom Strat Type Thing, Fender Classic Player 50s Strat, Fender Classic Player Baha Tele, Epiphone '56 Goldtop LP P90s, Danelectro '63 Baritone, Jerry Jones Neptune Short Horn Baritone, Ibanez, Ovation
    Stomps: Too munerous to list. "I'll have one of each, please!"

Cakewalk Home Studio, Various Plug-ins
    http://www.myspace.com/timmicsak
    www.soundclick.com/soundscape44

Wasn't the guitarist from Testament a member the orchestra a couple of years back?
    Gibson Les Paul Slash Vermillion
    Fender Yngwie Signature Stratocaster
    Avid Eleven Rack
    Marshall SL-5 Combo

Have to agree with all of you that've seen 'em. One of the most professional shows I've ever seen/heard/felt....ha! They are all over the stage, well rehearsed, well voiced and man the light show. OK, calm down. They were fantastic. MERRY CHRISTMAS one and all.
    20 Watt ('72 Marshall)

"Clean guitar? Never liked it, never will!"

Suffield Ohio - Home of the Blimp (exciting I know)

Quote Originally Posted by mbsurfer View Post
    Wasn't the guitarist from Testament a member the orchestra a couple of years back?
    Alex Skolnick...

Still does play for TSO. Him and Chris Caffery on guitars. TSO has two bands that tour, east and west coast tours, Alex and Chris our on the east coast tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Insideout View Post
    I'm officially jealous. I've wanted to see them for years and just can't seem to make it happen. My wife isn't into concerts and I haven't developed the "concert buddy" network where I live now.

Have a great time. My bro saw the show a couple years ago and said it was amazing.

You should work on getting your wife to go. I took my family this year (including my 8 and 7 year olds) to the Nov. 22 show in Raleigh. My wife isn't a huge concert person either, but it is more than just a concert. It is really a show. The best one I have ever been to. The biggest concert/show I had been to before this was Metallica/Guns n Roses at Giants Stadium. This was 1000xs better, and I could take the family without any concerns. It really was beyond belief. It is two weeks later and my wife is still saying how much she loved it and wishes we could go to another right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarKidd View Post
    Alex Skolnick...

Still does play for TSO. Him and Chris Caffery on guitars. TSO has two bands that tour, east and west coast tours, Alex and Chris our on the east coast tour.

Doesn't former Alice Cooper guitarist Joe Petrelli (sic) play in one of the touring companies too?
    http://martinwebb.webs.com/
    http://martinwebb.bandcamp.com/album/anjar

Guitars: 2 Parker Customized P-38s, Customized Line 6 Variax , Godin Mulitiac, Guild 3/4 Fretless Archtop, Lute-Guitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass V, 5 String Touch Bass, Electric Violin

Amps: Fab Metalhead/Splexi Class A Head, Carvin DCM150 Power Amp, 2 Avatar 2x12 Cabs, Avatar Vintage 1x12 Cab, Weber Mini-Mass, Behringer Ultra G-100, Guitar Rig 4

Effects: Rolls RPX Midi Effects Loop Switcher, Planet Waves Tuner, Morley A/B Box, Boss DS-1 w Keeley Ultra mod, Franklin modded Boss SD-1, Maxon Phase-Shifter, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Original 70's Crybaby, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Boss G-10 Midi Interface, YRG Midi Controller