Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1227333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: New zoom pedal! Zoom g5

Default Re: New zoom pedal! Zoom g5

Oh, it also states this at the Zoom website in the FAQ on the G5

Quote from G5 FAQ:

Is it possible to use a foot switch to tap the tempo used for delay times and modulation rates?
    This is not possible using the foot switches on the G5. If you want to tap the tempo for delay times and modulation rates while playing guitar, you will need an FS01 foot switch (sold separately).

Also, please follow the procedures below to tap the tempo with an FS01 foot switch.

1) Select "TAP TEMPO" from the [CTRL SW] setting in the TOTAL menu.
    2) Set the TIME/RATE parameter of the desired effect to a note symbol(♪).

"

Does anyone know of a different mfx unit which allows tap tempo setting via footswitch AND has delay multipliers - for sale right now in the same price range as the G5? I have been using an RP500 that our church owns, and that was the only feature I really didn't like about the RP500. But if I can't really do this with the G5, it's going back.

First off, did you turn the delay time knob all the way to the right???

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarnot View Post
    Zoom G5 manual, page 19, where it says you can do tap-tempo for some effects using the option FS-01: This appears to be untrue. I bought a G5, version 1.1 right now. No effects have anything except input mute and hold as possibilities for what you do with the FS-01. This makes this unit nearly useless without breaking into it for Ashbass's modifications as far as I can tell. I specifically bought the G5 because of the claim on page 19 in the manual.

Please someone that has one AND the FS-01 prove to me that I am wrong. Without being able to tap tempo with the foot, the delay note multiplier stuff in the delays - which is so cool - is nearly rendered useless without drilling, soldering, etc like Ashbass's mods.
    Guitars: Fender A.D.E Strat - Schecter PT with Duncans - Martin OOOC16RGTE
    PA Gear: Alesis MultiMix 10 Mixer - Carvin FX2 - EV ZLX12P Powered Speakers
    Amps: Fender Mustang III v2 - Alto Kick 12
    Effects: Line 6 M13

Again, turn the delay time knob all the way to the right. The G5 does also have tap tempo. Just press the looper button, tap, and exit.
    Guitars: Fender A.D.E Strat - Schecter PT with Duncans - Martin OOOC16RGTE
    PA Gear: Alesis MultiMix 10 Mixer - Carvin FX2 - EV ZLX12P Powered Speakers
    Amps: Fender Mustang III v2 - Alto Kick 12
    Effects: Line 6 M13

Using tap tempo from the looper actually does work! What doesn't work is using FS-01 to set tap tempo directly. Even though the manual claims it and even though it's in the FAQ, there is no way to do this with the FS-01. So I only wasted my money on the FS-01 apparently. Hopefully Zzounds will take it back without charging me shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by jwoertz View Post
    Again, turn the delay time knob all the way to the right.
    To get Tap Tempo to work you must set the time value past its apparent maximum. If the delay appears to max at 5000, keep turning the knob and you will exit millisecond mode and enter note duration mode. Note duration mode is required for Tap Tempo to work with your FS-01.

You can also set Tempo from the Rhythm feature. You can also set Tempo from the Global menu.

But,
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoertz View Post
    Again, turn the delay time knob all the way to the right.

Guys - I have had the tempo knob turned to dotted 8th note value this entire time. Sorry I did not make that clear. What I am asking about is if any of you see in the Total menu, where you can assign what the manual talks about setting an optional footswitch function, it lists these items under the 'Hint': Bypass/Mute, Tap Tempo, and No Assign. This is for individual effects.

I am here to ask if anyone has found ANY of the effects which actually allow for Tap Tempo via the total menu, control switch function. None are listed in the manual, and with v1.1 of the software, it doesn't appear that any are available in this version of the software either. I bought the FS-01 just to be able to do this, and it looks like I wasted my money unless someone can show a different way. What the manual says appears to be untrue.

It restates this on page 21, the section for setting the master tempo. It simply is not true - you have to do it either by the top panel button, or through the looper.

So, yes - I have had the delay time knob turned right all the way, specifically on dotted 8th note value, through this whole exercise. I knew about that before I even bought the unit. It's the entire reason I bought the G5 and not a Vox Tonelab EX for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarnot View Post
    Guys - I have had the tempo knob turned to dotted 8th note value this entire time. Sorry I did not make that clear. What I am asking about is if any of you see in the Total menu, where you can assign what the manual talks about setting an optional footswitch function, it lists these items under the 'Hint': Bypass/Mute, Tap Tempo, and No Assign. This is for individual effects.

I am here to ask if anyone has found ANY of the effects which actually allow for Tap Tempo via the total menu, control switch function. None are listed in the manual, and with v1.1 of the software, it doesn't appear that any are available in this version of the software either. I bought the FS-01 just to be able to do this, and it looks like I wasted my money unless someone can show a different way. What the manual says appears to be untrue.

It restates this on page 21, the section for setting the master tempo. It simply is not true - you have to do it either by the top panel button, or through the looper.

So, yes - I have had the delay time knob turned right all the way, specifically on dotted 8th note value, through this whole exercise. I knew about that before I even bought the unit. It's the entire reason I bought the G5 and not a Vox Tonelab EX for the same price.
    So...let me get this straight..you are turning the knob all the way to the right, and it still doesn't work? Even with the FS 01?
    Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
    -George S. Patton

http://www.facebook.com/josh.lawson1

https://www.facebook.com/JoshLawsonG...hnicalServices

It works for me.

Of course, user error is usually the first suspect but maybe his unit is not working right. It works for squirrel and chipmunk and otter.
    Can't wait to be home with papa.