Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RP500 / RP1000 vs POD HD

Moderator - Tree Catcher Insideout's Avatar

Default Re: RP500 / RP1000 vs POD HD

Quote Originally Posted by drew7000 View Post

Its how the RP1000 integrates into my stage setup that makes it so useful. I run my OD/Distortion pedals in front of it, have a few mod/reverb pedals placed in its effects loop, I have my tube amp "captured" in the RPs amp loop and then all this is output to my tube amp. Not only this, but then if I need additional amplification on stage, I can run the stereo XLR outputs that is capturing my ENTIRE tone chain and send it to our mixer. It sounds complicated but its really not. I love that I can go back and forth between my tube amp and modeled amps, the whole time choosing if I want to use the RPs effects or my own. There isn't a product on the market that can do this.
    Actually, the GT10 can do all this, AND it can change channels on your amp with latch switching or MIDI which the RP can not. The tones are obviously subjective to preference, but the GT10 is VERY live rig friendly.
    Guitars: Carvin DC400, Ibanez S540, 2008 American Deluxe Strat, Agile AL3000, Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II, Applause acoustic, LTD B-50 bass, Framus 12-string acoustic
    Rig :AxeFx II, Carvin DCM1000/LM153's, Liquid Foot Pro, Furman conditioner
    Recording:Tascam US800, Sonar X1 Producer, Cakewalk A-500 Pro midi keyboard

Rob's Soundclick Music
    Rob's Myspace

This space made from 100% post consumer recycled electrons

Except the GT10 doesn't do XLR. Could be critical to split that off for some folks.
    - Stay calm and rock on!

Moderator - Tree Catcher Insideout's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlpack View Post
    Except the GT10 doesn't do XLR. Could be critical to split that off for some folks.
    I broke my own rule

I never used XLR with the my past rig so I forgot that the GT doesn't have it. I did however, use the channel changing feature, and with a 100 watt Stiletto, if you couldn't hear it in the next county you need to get your ears checked
    Guitars: Carvin DC400, Ibanez S540, 2008 American Deluxe Strat, Agile AL3000, Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II, Applause acoustic, LTD B-50 bass, Framus 12-string acoustic
    Rig :AxeFx II, Carvin DCM1000/LM153's, Liquid Foot Pro, Furman conditioner
    Recording:Tascam US800, Sonar X1 Producer, Cakewalk A-500 Pro midi keyboard

Rob's Soundclick Music
    Rob's Myspace

This space made from 100% post consumer recycled electrons

Now that I have started using the second channel I may have to program up this feature, sure beats carrying around the pedal.
    Encourage each other daily, as long as it is called today.

Circuit Rider Effects

ok i heard that the pod hd cant bypass the amp modelling!! is this true? i mean the way that we use the rp/gsp with outboard gear and amps....if this is true i'll die laughing!

Yes, it can bypass amp modeling.
    Matt

Gear: Um... yeah... changing that up a bit.

yes i found! the misunderstanding was about xlr not going direct or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Insideout View Post
    Actually, the GT10 can do all this, AND it can change channels on your amp with latch switching or MIDI which the RP can not. The tones are obviously subjective to preference, but the GT10 is VERY live rig friendly.
    As far as I can see, the GT-10 has no "amp" loop like the RP1000 has?
    One can of course use the "4 cable method".... but -
    The option to place internal/external effects and/or preamps at any point in the chain like the RP1000 is not doable?

This freedom of placement and option to use/not use your amps preamp must be the main selling point of the RP1000 as far as I can see.

That beeing said, I'm still unclear on which multifx pedal has the best effects (I don't really need the switching abilities - just the effects:-)

Quote Originally Posted by wossname View Post
    That beeing said, I'm still unclear on which multifx pedal has the best effects (I don't really need the switching abilities - just the effects:-)
    I've owned both and find both have great effects. I can take one or the other. The GT-10 will give you more options and versatility as a whole, including effect. However, I would not say they are better than the ones on the RP1000. Other feel the opposite and that the Boss ones are better. You will have to try them both and see what you think. Since I don't need amp switching either, I prefer the RP1000 for overall sound. There is no midi, though on it and no XLR's on the GT-10.
    Can't wait to be home with papa.

Quote Originally Posted by mannydingo View Post
    I've owned both and find both have great effects. I can take one or the other. The GT-10 will give you more options and versatility as a whole, including effect. However, I would not say they are better than the ones on the RP1000. Other feel the opposite and that the Boss ones are better. You will have to try them both and see what you think. Since I don't need amp switching either, I prefer the RP1000 for overall sound. There is no midi, though on it and no XLR's on the GT-10.
    Thanks,

Now that the POD HD series is out, there's another contender to the effects throne.
    I'm torn :-)

I decided just *now* to splash for a tc electronic Flashback Delay! The MultiFX just will have to wait!
    (I found a Flashback delay used at a great price)