Thread: "New" ASIO driver & Cubase LE

Default "New" ASIO driver & Cubase LE

I tried the Windows XP (32bit) Version 1.0.3 ASIO driver (Apr 27, 2010) and as expected from the Zoom page ("Operation of Cubase LE may become unstable") it did not work with my Cubase LE (Not the Cubase LE 4). Anybody else with Windows XP & Cubase LE had better luck with this new ASIO driver ?
    It seems that Zoom doesn't really care about their customers.

Default Re: "New" ASIO driver & Cubase LE

Quote Originally Posted by panchito View Post
    I tried the Windows XP (32bit) Version 1.0.3 ASIO driver (Apr 27, 2010) and as expected from the Zoom page ("Operation of Cubase LE may become unstable") it did not work with my Cubase LE (Not the Cubase LE 4). Anybody else with Windows XP & Cubase LE had better luck with this new ASIO driver ?
    It seems that Zoom doesn't really care about their customers.

I use the driver available at Zoom Japan site (English). It works fine, and I also noticed the bit rate has been upped to 24/48
    Hello There, Ladies and Gentlemen ... Are You Ready to Rock !!!

After some work I managed to install the driver and ... Cubase LE doesn't crash !! But, the recording tests with Cubase LE were quite noisy, and this doesn't happen with Audacity and Guitar Rig. I suppose I'll have to tweak with the Cubase LE configuration. Any suggestions ? Thanks.

I use the Zoom G series driver found on the Zoom Japan website + REAPER as the DAW. No issues. REAPER is free & full featured to try. Like it, license is $40. You can use it forever without paying
    I recently noticed the driver will show as 24/48

also I have an alternative recording method and use my Tascam M-164UF 16 channels of USB mixer, and record the Zoom G7 directly though the mixer (analog in) and set the switch to +4 .... or run the Zoom to my Roland JC-77 and mic the amp