Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another X-edit Problem

Default Another X-edit Problem . SOLVED!

Greetings,
    I recently purchased RP1000 a week ago and tried to download the xedit from the digitech site, after installing the program to my laptop i cannot open the program and there is a prompt window saying "The Font Arial does not support font regular".

After closing this window, the program shuts down automatically and unable to open the x-edit, i already sent an email with the customer support of digitech but no reply in 6 days already.

I am using a 32 bit windows vista as my OS in my HP laptop. Till now i cant figure out how to solve the problem, please help, thanks!
    Last edited by rainman; 07-03-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: problem solved!

Jacksonville, FL (But my heart/head is in Orange County, CA)

Default Re: Another X-edit Problem

The RP must be connected to the computer and ON for X-Edit to work. If that's not the problem....

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Greetings,
    I recently purchased RP1000 a week ago and tried to download the xedit from the digitech site, after installing the program to my laptop i cannot open the program and there is a prompt window saying "The Font Arial does not support font regular".

After closing this window, the program shuts down automatically and unable to open the x-edit, i already sent an email with the customer support of digitech but no reply in 6 days already.

I am using a 32 bit windows vista as my OS in my HP laptop. Till now i cant figure out how to solve the problem, please help, thanks!
    According to the digitech web site for XEdit the software does NOT support the RP1000. http://digitech-x-edit.software.informer.com/

I don't use Digitech products so perhaps someone else can better answer your question.

Good luck, Bo
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Jacksonville, FL (But my heart/head is in Orange County, CA)

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Baker View Post
    According to the digitech web site for XEdit the software does NOT support the RP1000. http://digitech-x-edit.software.informer.com/

I don't use Digitech products so perhaps someone else can better answer your question.

Good luck, Bo
    I don't know what that website is that you listed, but it is NOT a Digitech website.

X-Edit for the RP1000 ( I use it all the time) can be found here:

http://www.digitech.com/Software_Sup...000Windows.php

Quote Originally Posted by HCarlH View Post
    I don't know what that website is that you listed, but it is NOT a Digitech website.

X-Edit for the RP1000 ( I use it all the time) can be found here:

http://www.digitech.com/Software_Sup...000Windows.php
    Ahw Haw! You are so right! This was a responce to a Google search on X-Edit and I now see that it is a "review and download site" provided by Informat Technologies, Not Digitech.

As mentioned in my first post - I don't use Digitech products so I defer to your answer.

Good luck in getting X-Edit to work.

Blessings, Bo
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ
    2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

guys yes my rp1000 is connected to my laptop, it cant push through, and im pretty sure that rp1000 is compatible with x-edit. My unit already have the latest version, i dont know of this a compatibility issue regarding the OS that i am using but i am also sure that x-edit also works with windows vista. hwaaaahh

"The Font Arial does not support font regular"

So your laptop doesn't recognize Arial Regular font type? It's like the most common font. Sounds like you have a laptop virus to me.

I've never had this problem using X-edit...FWIW, I always have the USB cable connected before booting up the RP500. Did you try to unistall then reinstall X-edit?
    Fender American Stratocasters ('71 - '11)
    Xotic Timmons BB and BK Butler Tube Driver / Analog Pedalboard
    2005 Mesa F30 2x12 / 1989 Marshall JTM60 2x12
    Analog SLM Bass Pedals

Other Goodies : Digitech RP500 / TC Nova System & Countless Pedals
    1979 Marshall Club & Country 2x12
    / 1983 Roland Jazz Chorus 77 / 1984 Mesa 22 1x12

Yes, it works with Windows Vista. Remove the X-Edit and re-install. Make sure the drivers are installed from the Digitech site.
    Can't wait to be home with papa.

Quote Originally Posted by jstickman View Post
    "The Font Arial does not support font regular"

So your laptop doesn't recognize Arial Regular font type? It's like the most common font. Sounds like you have a laptop virus to me.

I've never had this problem using X-edit...FWIW, I always have the USB cable connected before booting up the RP500. Did you try to unistall then reinstall X-edit?

i already re installed x=edit 3 days ago but still to no avail. Same problem, digitech people dont even give a **** to answer my concern, **** customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    i already re installed x=edit 3 days ago but still to no avail. Same problem, digitech people dont even give a **** to answer my concern, **** customer support.
    Rainman,

There were other people that had a similar problem with the arial font regarding X-Edit. You might want to check out this thread over at the DigiTech's forum.

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/gu..._id=1077363862

Tosh